Daniel and I met and started dating in July of 2005. After a good year, we were married Aug 5, 2006. We lived in the Love Shack Trailer in Egin, ID. Though a bit far from town, we enjoyed ourselves and gained great friendships. In April 2008, we moved a few miles to Hibbard, near Rexburg. In September Baby Addyson entered our family; truly blessing our lives, hearts, and home.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby Addyson has arrived!

ADDYSON LOU STODDARD 5 LB 6 OZ AND 18 INCHES LONG
BORN ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2008







Wow! What an experience! 23 hours of regular contractions, 45 minutes of walking halls, at least 20 puking upchucks :( no time for an epidural, a wonderful blessing, ten minutes of miserable pushing, one small tear, two sleepless nights, a beautiful cry, and suddenly we were blessed with a wonderful baby girl.
My contractions started coming ever 6 minutes at about 2:30 am on the 26th and stayed consistent until 2 pm. Then I took a walk outside and they sped up to every 2 minutes. Thinking we were headed in the right direction, I was disappointed when after the walk they slowed to about 6-14 minutes for the next 5 or so hours. So we decided to just go out to dinner at Applebee's, figuring we were probably not having our baby that night...(way bad idea!) Then up to the hospital, just to get checked to see how close we were and knowing they would probably send us home. Well, we measured 90% thinned, and only a 3. So they had us walk the halls for an hour. I went down to med-surg and only lasted 45 minutes until my water broke right there in front of my co-workers...luckily they didn't know. Then back upstairs for the worst part and then the best part. I was now a 7 and 100% thinned. Then there was the puking, terrible contractions, more puking, worst contractions, puking, then pushing while puking. Did I mention they had informed me I was too late for an epidural or any kind of pain med. Wow, that was depressing! But she is here and she is so beautiful! Dan was such a wonderful partner; rubbing my back thru those horrible contractions, trying to remind me to breath, coaching me right thru the end, and then helping the nurse take care of Addy so I could rest for a bit. Worth it? You bet! I am so blessed with such a wonderful family!

LOOK AT ME WITH MY GRANDPARENTS!
Grandpa & Grandma Stoddard


Grandpa & Grandma Holman




This is ADDY with her DADDY, and her DADDY with his DADDY!


Aren't my parents troopers! Daddy is sweet and he is my SUGAR DADDY! And my momma is one tough lady!

11 comments:

Travis and Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
She is SO cute. I thought you would have her soon after Thursday when you said you weren't feeling good. That stinks you didn't get an epidural. Good thing they are worth it:) Great Job she is adorable.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Yeah, you had her! I am glad everything went well! yOu look great Brooke! I am sorry about the epideral. I had Kallie just like that! It isn't fun while you are pushing, but the recovery seems to be a lot quicker! We want to bring you guys dinner! I will call you!

Karin said...

Congratulations! I am so impressed that you have blogged her already! Brooke as always you look amazing, Addyson is beautiful! We want to get in that dinner line also let us know your ward is done and we'll stretch out the dinner thing a little longer. It was fun to come up and see you guys, the kids are dying to see her. Anyway you guys did great and will make equally great parents! Good job and congrats again!

Mandi said...

Brooke you look amazing for going through all that, Addu (short for addy lou, actually a typo but I thought I was funny!!)she is beautiful, I can't wait to see her. congrats I am soooo excited!!!!

Hills said...

Wow congrats ! you look great for what you went through! i wish i looked that good after! She is adorable! Good job!

Spencer, Jen, Zoe, and Emrie said...

Yay! Congrats! Sorry you didn't make it until Friday... you probably don't really care now that she's here though!;) She is beautiful and I'm so excited for you guys!

Jilene said...

Congrats! She looks so sweet all bundled up & asleep. :) And without an epidural!

Suzy & Todd said...

shutup, no epidural. Wow, it's a good thing that you are the most hard core girl I have ever met. She is so adorable,we can't wait to get up there and see her.I love all of her hair. So looks like you can hand over the cats to me and Todd. We'll be the ones now with cats not children.ha, good job Broo. She is perfect and you are my idol

Hailee said...

ok when i started reading your post i started to cry not sure if it was because i was so excited for you and what a cute wonderful little blessing or because i am scared because that is me in 6 months. She looks perfect and dan looks like he is on cloud nine. Congrats we are so excited for you two and addyson has a wonderful family to have come to. take care can't wait to see ya both.

Erin S said...

WOW!!! Way to go natural, Brooke! I am so proud of you. Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sorry your labor was so yucky, but its all worth it in the end, she is so precious! (And I am jealous you had a small baby, my 2nd one weighed 11 lbs, ouch!) Hope you're getting lots of rest! Congrats!!
Erin

johnandjana said...

Brooke,
You have a very sweet baby and you look great. I am so happy for both of you. She came to a great family. I'll stop by and see you. I have a present from the shower that I spaced and missed.