This last weekend was wonderful! Sunday was Addyson's Blessing day, so it was just a great weekend. Saturday morning we got to an early start of making food for the next day's event. But first off I did my awesome Turbo Jam workout video to get me all fired up for the day! :) Yep, back to working out! Dan took off to his parents in Egin. We were borrowing his mom's big roasters (thank you so much Pat!) Meanwhile, my wonderful mom jammed in helping me to her way too busy day-I don't know where her crazy energy comes from-she sure didn't pass it on to me! The three of us cooked up all the meat and got all the salads made. That evening we went out to my Aunt Kathy & Uncle Burt's for a huge dinner with a big guest load of relatives. It was so wonderful to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. But when we got home around 10:30, we walked into a burnt meat smelling home. One of our roasters didn't have enough liquid in it and some of our 25 pounds of pork roast burnt. We were devastated and so discouraged, thinking we wouldn't have enough for the luncheon. At 11:30 our doorbell rang and we were pleasantly surprised to find my little brother, Todd and best friend, Morgan had tricked me and ended up coming up. I was so excited. Well that was a late night, or maybe the morning just came way earlier! But the next day was wonderful! The blessing was wonderful and we did have enough meat at the luncheon. In fact, probably could have fed another 75 people! We want to thank all of our wonderful family and friends for coming and sharing that special day for Addy. Here are some of our pictures from that day.
Dan did such a wonderful job! We love our baby so much! She is such a precious little angel who has touched our lives! She has truly brought a special spirit into our home! We loved sharing her day!
She looked so amazing! Thank you mom for the dress. I guess I should tell the story of the dress. My mom usually makes the baby blessing dresses, but the place in Utah where she usually gets her fabric stopped making it! She looked everywhere for the beautiful material, but time was not on her side. So we looked on the Internet for dresses and this one was the one that I kept going back to. However, the only size was a 9 month old. I just could not find any that I loved more than this because this one looked like the one my mom makes. So my mom said she could alter it and so we ordered it. Amazingly enough the store was just in Blackfoot. A week and a half went by and no dress came. My mom called in a panic with just 4 days to spare to say that somehow the order got canceled. So next morning she called the lady in her panic. Later the lady called back to say that out of nowhere she found a size 3 months in the storage! The wonderful lady took it herself and put it in the mail. My mom of course still had to alter it for tiny Addy, but we know there was a greater hand involved! She was beautiful! The Afghan was from Bethlehem when Daniel visited there. It was beautiful and so delicate!
A family photo at the luncheon.
Addyson and her best buddy, Danika Hoth. Danika is my cousin, Ashley's little girl who was born on 8/08/08... and weighed 8lbs!
Ashley, Josh, Danika, Dan, Addy, and I enjoying the wonderful grub and company!



4 comments:
Beautiful dress.
I wish I could have been there, it sounded like a perfect day.
I'm sad that I missed Addy's special day!! She is such an angel and she looked beautiful!! Congrats on everything Brooke, you truly deserve it!! Oh and turbo jam sounds sweet! Better than the Grind? :) You'll have to start coming to B's hip-hop class, its a good one!!
She looks so beautiful in her dress! I wish we could have been there to join the party. We love you guys so much and Addyson- you just remember who's your favorite k? ;)!!
Post a Comment